Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Fullstop for a subject title??

Today I had a minor argument with the secretary. I was about to submit my report when she insisted that I had to amend the report, because I did not use fullstops at the end of each subject title.

Her idea of the correct format was:
Subject titles must have Fullstops.

My idea was:
Subject titles do not have Fullstops

Well, I decided to give in after some 10mins of pointless arguing (the report was due in 20mins' then.. and she refused to accept the report unless I amend it.)

So, I added fullstops to the subject titles.. and now the titles look like this:
Subject titles should not have Fullstops, but I added them anyway.

Well, I thought all was well then until she made a comment, which left me flabbergasted.. ''I think you should underline the fullstops in the subject titles".

!#*%$@^&*?>?!!

Man, some folks can be so anal!!

Anyway, I told her that she could underline the fullstops if she must, but I prefer to save trees and printer toner (she's always complaining about folks bursting her budget you see).. And that I still believe subject titles don't come with fullstops.


Oh well... Can someone enlighten me please? ;p

4 comments:

Kiat said...

You are right, no fullstop/period is needed in a title.

She's just giving you a hard time. Remind me of the TPS report in the movie Office Space.

mOss GiRL said...

Exactly.. she's driving folks nuts with mindless stuff like that.

ka48309 said...

You brits and your silly lingo.

Jordan said...

well, she can add it herself if she wants. I face all these things all the time.....sigh